Interesting: AutoPlay Media Studio

This english section.
Hello,

i have a theory, AMS runtime is around 6MB for any project by default but today i noticed something that i just had to share. Indigorose are very lazy and if you pay a visit to the installation path of AMS you will see why, alot of the files are just renamed...allow me to demonstate...
  • win32rt.dat - that is the ams runtime and is actually a executable (notice the file size is the filesize of a ams project at its default)
  • sre.dat - this is also a executable (not 100% as to its purpose but measures around 400kb
  • .jpi files are just renamed jpg files
  • .pni files are just renamed png files
  • w2.dat is actually a zip file and contains several images that were used in the startup screen of ams 7.5
  • .bin files are xml files containing manifest information for exe's compiled with ams
Also for some reason the entire GUI for 7.5 is also in there which looks like they just havnt bothered to remove it...

my theory is that if me start to work on modding ams, be could compress larger files specifically w32rt.dat and remove unnecessary files like the entire menu structure sitting in their which isnt used and also the huge icon database also not used and make out projects alot smaller
Imagen

Come to the dark site (c#)
we have cookies!! :)
Haha, i knew someone would say that. Its only compressing files, its hardly a bad thing right?
Imagen<div>